Saturday, August 14, 2010

Back Again

I'm back again to try and get this blog going in earnest. I've decided to let it ramble like a vine and go where it's going to go. I'm also going to be posting some of my old Gerard Butler inspired writings on another blog for the benefit of newer fans. They will recognize some things that have become part of the Butler fandom lexicon. I have come to feel that, in my own way, I have added a little to the legend of this popular actor that has been perpetuated by the fans that originally read my little stories and perhaps even a little by Butler himself. I say that because reading back over them (they were posted in late 2006 and early 2007) makes me wonder if I had some secret insight at the time, or whether some of my writings served as a script for some later things that have again become part of the Butler story. It would not be strange. He has borrowed something else from me....but that is another story for another life.

Butler's fandom has also, of course, been instrumental in the development of these stories. I have never participated in any fan site (other then seeking photographs) and have relied on those that have and posted on his IMDB board in past years (when it was a more pleasant place and he was still a novelty) for some of the inspiration, thanks to their devotion to the actor. My thanks to them (they know who they are) for the support I received when they were originally posted.

As for this blog, let's see where it leads and what comes to mind. Life is still exciting and I am going to share some of here.

Zoni

No comments:

Post a Comment